How do I use my Canon Speedlite 270ex 2?
- Press the camera Menu button.
- Select the first Shooting Menu (first camera icon on the left).
- Select [Flash control] or [External Speedlite control].
- Select [External flash func. setting].
- Set [Flash mode] to [E-TTL II] This step is not necessary for cameras that have no built-in flash.
How do I connect my Speedlite to my camera?
Simply insert and power-on a Speedlite on non pop-up flash cameras.
- Power-on, and set your camera exposure mode to Program, Aperture, Shutter or Manual.
- Raise your camera’s Pop-up flash.
- Press the Q button on the back of your camera, scroll to the flash icon and select Easy Wireless Flash Shooting to begin.
What is cold shoe mount?
The Cold Shoe is a bracket on top of a mounting plate or block. The mounting block is designed to be placed on a light stand, tripod or similar. A cold shoe is for holding an off-camera flash unit which is being used remotely from the camera. The cold shoe lacks any power of its own (hence ‘cold’ shoe).
How do you shoot with a speedlight?
The easiest way to use your speedlight is to aim it directly at your subject. The result is a decently lit subject, similar to the type of photo that a built-in pop up flash would produce. Notice how that colors pop more and the mask is more evenly lit compared to the photo shot in ambient light.