- 1 Do PVC pipe deer feeders work?
- 2 How long does it take deer to get used to a gravity feeder?
- 3 How do I attract deer to my property?
- 4 How high off the ground should a deer feeder be?
- 5 Will deer eat from a bucket?
- 6 How long will a 55-gallon deer feeder last?
- 7 How do I keep raccoons out of my deer feeder?
Do PVC pipe deer feeders work?
You can also use a straight piece of PVC without the elbow and have it a few inches off the ground so when they eat more drops. A friend of mine did that and it worked well. You can also build a base out of ply wood for it to some down on.
How long does it take deer to get used to a gravity feeder?
This process typically takes at least two or three weeks. You have to be diligent during this transition period to see how the herd is reacting to the new food source.
How do I attract deer to my property?
For variety and winter cover, you can mix in a few pines or cedars.
- Provide minerals. Maybe you’re fortunate enough to have a natural mineral site on your property.
- Add water.
- Create or enhance staging areas.
- Add shrubs and vines.
- Build big buck bedding cover.
- Create a thermal refuge.
- Plant oaks.
- Give them fruit.
How high off the ground should a deer feeder be?
The sides of the roof should be 72 inches or more off the ground to keep any bucks in velvet from hitting their antlers. The sides of the trough should be around 24 inches off the ground to allow fawns to access the feeder.
Will deer eat from a bucket?
When a deer touches the rod, feed will fall from the bucket onto the ground below, where the deer will eat. There are different ways, but it’s easiest to simply take a rope that you tie to the bucket’s handle and tie it up to the branches of a tree.
How long will a 55-gallon deer feeder last?
It depends on how close to the barrel your spinner plate is and whether or not you have a funnel, but throwing 4-5 seconds twice a day a full feeder should between two and three months. Mine last about 2 months set twice a day.
How do I keep raccoons out of my deer feeder?
Simply greasing the legs of the deer feeders will make it so that raccoons and other animals won’t be able to climb it properly. This prevents them from being able to access the deer feeder, and the local deer won’t have a problem due to their height.