- 1 How do I setup my portable satellite dish?
- 2 Which way should dish tailgater face?
- 3 Is there a way to get free satellite TV?
- 4 What direction do I set my dish antenna?
- 5 Why am I getting no signal from my satellite dish?
- 6 How can I align my satellite dish without a meter?
- 7 How do you set azimuth on a satellite dish?
- 8 How do I activate my dish tailgater?
- 9 How do I find a satellite dish?
- 10 How do you test a winegard antenna?
How do I setup my portable satellite dish?
More videos on YouTube
- Connect one end of the supplied RG-6 coax cable to the “MAIN” port on the tailgater.
- Place the Tailgater in position outside where you have a clear line of sight.
- Connect the other end of the RG-6 coax cable to the receiver.
- Connect your receiver to the TV.
- Plug the TV and receiver into power.
Which way should dish tailgater face?
The DISH Tailgater Pro requires an unobstructed view of the southern sky for signal reception. Be sure to place the DISH Tailgater Pro in a location free from obstructions such as trees, buildings, etc. (see page 3). Point the handle approximately north to speed up scan time.
Is there a way to get free satellite TV?
There is a free satellite TV solution for consumers who want a variety of television channels without paying ongoing subscription fees. Free to Air satellite television channels are unencrypted and legally available to the public for no charge.
What direction do I set my dish antenna?
How to adjust a dish TV Antenna
- The first step is to turn on the TV as well as the receiver.
- Now you need to stand behind the dish and place your hand at the 12 o’ clock position on the reflector and push forward.
- Now you may need to loosen the bolts if required and adjust the dish in the direction as needed.
Why am I getting no signal from my satellite dish?
This issue is usually a result of the satellite dish being in a slightly wrong position, damaged or malfunctioning equipment, severe weather, or something blocking the dish’s view of the sky. Your signal strength can affect the delivery of your live programming, though with a DVR you can still access recorded content.
How can I align my satellite dish without a meter?
To align your satellite dish without a meter, visit DishPointer and enter your complete address. Then, write down the dish skew, elevation, and azimuth figures. Then, on your remote, press [MENU] and select Settings and Help > View Signal Strength.
How do you set azimuth on a satellite dish?
To set azimuth:
- Use a compass to find the correct angle and move the plumb mast (the pole on which the dish is mounted) until the dish is pointing at that angle.
- Check your signal strength: anything over 40 is a good signal.
- Tighten all hardware.
How do I activate my dish tailgater?
First-time connection of your Tailgater should be performed at your residence or a location where you have good phone reception. When your Tailgater system is set up, call DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) to activate your receiver and begin viewing your satellite programming.
How do I find a satellite dish?
To use, simply point your iPhone towards the southern sky and see on the live video screen. The DISH Network satellites will show up as red dots as you move the video camera around, allowing you to quickly and easily determine if there are any obstructions in the way, like trees or buildings.
How do you test a winegard antenna?
To determine which, first disconnect the coax from the head and check the light. If it now stays on the head is shorted. If it stills goes out, leave the head disconnected, then disconnect the coax cable from the back of the wallplate switch and recheck the light. If it now stays on there is a short in the coax cable.