How do professionals photograph coins?
The keys to good coin photography are focus and lighting. Most digital cameras allow for focusing at less than 12″ and some allow the object to be as close as 2″ and still be in focus. You should consult your camera’s users manual to see how close your camera can actually focus.
How do you take pictures of coins with your phone?
- Place the coin in an illuminated flat panel.
- Decide on what angle are you taking the images.
- Secure your iPhone with a tripod or other stabilizing device.
- Adjust your external lighting source.
- Adjust your iPhone’s camera setting.
- Take the pictures.
What is the best camera for taking pictures of coins?
The camera I have been recommending for last year is the Canon Rebel XS / 1000D. It has a 10.2MP sensor with Live View to view the coin on your computer screen before you shoot. This helps in framing the shot, getting the lighting angles just right, setting white balance on the fly so the colors come out right, etc.
How do you check coins up close?
The 8 Best Magnifying Glasses for Coins – Reviews 2021
- Fancii LED Lighted Magnifying Glass – Best Overall.
- Carson LumiLoupe Magnifier – Best Value.
- Satechi ReadMate LED Magnifier – Premium Choice.
- iMagniphy LED Magnifying Glass.
- JARLINK Illuminated Eye Loupe Magnifier.
- Kare & Kind Loupe Magnifier.
- Insten Magnifying Glass.
How do I take a picture of coins on eBay?
So, how do you photograph your coins for eBay? For darker coins, use a white background, and for the light coin, use a darker background. This contrast focuses the eye on the coin. The main image should fill 80% of the image, and supporting images should revel textures and small details.